Machu Picchu(credit: Wikipedia)
Lupe Soto and her Ladies International Poker Series (LIPS) are heading to South America from August 23 – September 1, 2008. They’ve joined forces with the Pro Poker Challenge of America. The event will take place at the Casino Atlantic City in Miraflores, Peru. The series brings together some first class poker talent including The First Lady of Poker, Linda Johnson, and Jan Fisher. The duo will offer a special strategy seminar.
Daily tournaments range from $225 to $550 and include a ladies event, a bounty tournament and a Main Event with a buy-in of $1080.
The schedule is below:
- Aug. 25, 6 p.m. - No-Limit Hold'em ($230)
- Aug. 26, 6 p.m. - No-Limit Hold'em bounty tourney ($280)
- Aug. 27, 6 p.m. - No-Limit Hold'em w/ $100 rebuys ($230)
- Aug. 28, 6 p.m. - No-Limit Hold'em ($340)
- Aug. 29, 6 p.m. - No-Limit Hold'em ($550)
- Aug. 30, 6 p.m. - Ladies LIPS tourney ($230)
- Aug. 30, 8 p.m. - Super Satellite w/ $100 rebuys ($175)
- Aug. 31, 6 p.m. - No-Limit Hold'em championship ($1,080)
- Sept. 1, 6 p.m. - Championship final table
Since it’s only legal to play poker in Peru from 6 am to 6 pm, there’ll be plenty of time for players to visit Macchu Picchu, which is one of the new ‘Seven Wonders of the World.’ As Ms. Soto said about this expansion of the LIPS brand into Latin America, “This is only the beginning of the new type of poker tourism we’ll be able to offer players. Our goal is to create great poker opportunities and amazing venues in which to play the game as well.”
For more information on this event (and all things LIPS), check out http://www.LIPSTour.com.